Mission to Republic of Kenya July 1 – July 10, 2022
Cost $3,000 USD
IMPORTANT MUST DO STEPS:
1. Apply for the mission using the application at the end. The director of this medical mission will review all applications and communicate acceptance based on the needs of the team and each participant's qualifications.
2. If you don't already have a passport, you may apply for one through the local Post Office; If you have a passport, please make sure that it does not expire in less than 6 months from travel date. You may renew on-line.
3. Kenya requires a Tourist visa in order to enter the country. Once accepted to join the team, you will be responsible for paying for and applying for a single entry visa through: https://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html and submitting a clearly readable copy of the visa with an authenticated ( by a justice of the peace, judge, or notary public) copy of your passport picture page to our director at firstname.lastname@example.org .
4. The Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council (KMPDC) issues temporary Medical registration certificates to foreign doctors and once acquired, the doctors are then able to apply for a temporary license that can be used for up to one year using this form: Application for Kenyan Medical License. This process may take up to 4-6 weeks- PLEASE bare this in mind. A money order or cashier's check made out to Shaw OpCo Corporation, or transaction submitted by Zelle (US Banks only) using email: email@example.com for $190 USD, must be submitted with the application to firstname.lastname@example.org .
To acquire temporary registration, foreign doctors must submit:
- 2 copies of curriculum vitae.
- Proof of proficiency in English – (eg. letter from boss/supervisor/coworker).
- A certified copy of a valid registration (certificate/license) issued in the country of qualification .
A certified copy of a certificate of good standing:
- Status from medical board.
- ECFMG certification.
- American Board of Medical Specialists certification.
- 2 colored passport photos.
- National identification documents (eg. state license, passport).
5. Once accepted to the team, start the process of getting your immunizations/shots as required by the World Health Organization . Please provide documentation of completion of immunizations with your application or reason for exemption from your medical professional. Also a signed certification of medical health must be submitted including any required medications and medical conditions must be submitted with the application.
6. Emergency travel insurance, flight insurance, emergency evacuation insurance, and other coverage are at your discretion but highly recommended. You may obtain any of these insurances at your own expense.
7. Role of the Non-medical volunteers: Non-medical volunteers will be helping with record-keeping, logistics, welcome and various other duties. The role of the non-medical volunteers is to manage patients and non-medical patient-related tasks as efficiently as possible, so that medical volunteers can focus their time and energy on providing quality care to the patients.
8. Travel Arrangements: - see separate tab.
- A non-refundable application fee of $100.00 made out to Shaw OpCo Corporation, SOCC is due with this application. This is used to cover SOCC project operational expenses and cannot be prorated for partial participation.
- Once approved, a minimum of 50% of the total cost (you may pay the total amount due if preferred) must be submitted online as indicated below.
- If you cancel after tickets are purchased in your name you will be responsible to arrange with the vendor, carrier or travel agent any refunds, uses and exchanges. You will also be responsible for any travel insurance, flight insurance or international health or evacuation insurance. Shaw Op Co Corporation will not be able to assist you with any transactions concerning flight arrangements.
- All cancellations MUST be submitted to Shaw OpCo Corporation in writing no later than 2 weeks prior to receive a full refund of program fees minus $500 donation. NO REFUNDS will be allowed for any cancellations submitted within 2 weeks ofthe first day of the program – NO EXCEPTIONS.
- PLEASE NOTE: Please do not purchase tickets until you have been approved to be a part of the team – this will take 72hrs. from submission of your medical License, Date of birth and passport. Travel agents cannot provide you with tickets until all required signed forms, documents and fees have been received. No Exceptions!